Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Food: Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

As I've mentioned before, I'm a carb junkie.  I love pasta.  I could eat pasta every night.  I also love roasted red peppers and parmesan cheese.  When I came across The Pioneer Woman's recipe for Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce I knew I had to make it.

In order to make this recipe work for me, I made a few little changes.  First, I used jarred roasted red peppers instead of making my own from fresh.  I did this as a time saving (and a not-burning-down-my-apartment-building) measure.  Second, I used about half the cream the recipe calls for (Pioneer Woman's recipes are delicious, but she uses so much saturated fat).  It was still decadent and delicious, but not as heavy.  Third, I used the parmesan cheese in the green can.  Freshly shaved cheese off the block is certainly better...Kraft is what I had on hand.  Fourth, I used pre-chopped garlic.  Time saver.

A few quick notes for success: 1) Don't leave out the pine nuts.  Toasting them is super easy - you know they're done when they give off a really great, buttery aroma.  2) Make sure to dice your onion pretty small - if you don't, you end up with big chunks in your final sauce and it's not good.

Ingredients

Onions and garlic - I really should have chopped my onions finer



Yummy!

Have you tried any of the Pioneer Woman's recipes?  Have you ever tried or made a dish like this?  What are your favorite pasta dishes?
xoxoKate

1 comment: