Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Looooong Week and a KSNY Sample Sale

Happy Thursday everyone!

I am ashamed to admit that my last post began that way also...and it was two Thursdays ago.  I am sorry for going MIA but, with my law school schedule being about a week behind Kate's, I'm where she was last week with the first written assignment due today and whatnot.  I can attest to the steep learning curve of legal writing.  As someone who has always believed herself to be a fairly good writer, the struggle with the short memo was a bit of a blow to my ego in addition to being a significant amount of work.  How many hours of sleep did I get last night?  Oh right, three and a half.  But I digress.

So, to backtrack a little bit and share some news from the past few days, Kate Spade had a flash online sample sale yesterday! (Was it yesterday? It seems so long ago now).  Now, I am a HUGE sucker for things like this.  And I do mean huge.  Full disclosure: I am an aggressive deal-hunter and, not to toot my own horn, but I am a very skilled shopper.  However, my greatest strength is also my greatest weakness.  Tell me I'm getting 75% off on something and I'll buy it.  I don't care what it is.  I don't care if I wanted it before it was on sale.  Free shipping, you say?  Here's my debit card.  Just keep it.  You can have it.  This problem is so severe that I had to unsubscribe from Lucky magazine's daily deals because I couldn't stand that kind of torment.  Every morning I wake up to on or around 20 e-mails from my various shopping websites.  Rue La La.  Gilt.  Ideeli.  Shop It To Me.  Bloomingdale's.  Every other store that I have ever bought from.  It's a sickness.

Anyway, now that that's out in the open, back to Kate Spade.  So, I was HUGELY impressed with the selection yesterday.  The prices really were phenomenal.  I got a mini wallet for going out - my real wallet is too fat to fit in my going-out bags.  (First world problems.  No but actually).  The Wellesley  Barrett retails for $175 and was available at the sample sale for $39.  Not bad huh?
The Wellesley Barrett


In other news, I have recently joined Pinterest and while I realize I'm a bit late in the game on this, just in case any of you have not joined yet - DO IT.  It's WONDERFUL.  It's overwhelming but it's so much fun.  I have already started a style pinboard and will definitely share my finds with you in the future.

Enjoy the end of the week!  And if you live on the east coast, pray for some real fall weather since this odd combination of warm and humid with an occasional chilly breeze is starting to confuse me.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment