Sunday, September 25, 2011

Outfit Post: Early Fall

Shirt: Boston University Campus Bookstore, Pants: Tailored Sportsman, Boots: Ariat, Spurs: Sprenger

Ok, ok, so this isn't a serious outfit post...but I AM happy to be wearing it (let me explain...).  

I realize I've been a little skimpy on the posts this past week, although not without due cause.  Last week was just...one of those weeks where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  

1) Last Sunday Clarence (my equine companion) managed to rip off a good quarter of his hoof, leaving him pretty uncomfortable.  Horses are fragile creatures and even a small injury can be career or life threatening, so when I saw him hobbling around like he had three legs, I was pretty upset.  Our blacksmith was able to patch his foot up and he's as good as new (hence the riding pants/boots above), but I was pretty freaked out.  (I may or may not have paid $30 in shipping to have an equine supply store overnight me a therapeutic boot for his foot...)

2) Our first graded law school writing assignment is due today and it's tough.  Legal writing is completely different from any kind of academic writing I've done before, so it's a big adjustment.  We got our drafts back on Tuesday and mine needed...a lot of editing and formatting work.  So there's that.

3) Because of a scheduling conflict in one class and a required research seminar in another, I ended up having two additional classes this week on top of my normal 15 classes per week.  The last thing any busy law student needs is two additional hours of class time.  NOT OK.

Anyway - things have slowed down and the horsey has made a full recovery, so things are good and I'm glad to be back into the swing of things.

How was your week?  Any unexpected annoyances?
I hope you're all enjoying the weekend!
xoxoKate

3 comments:

  1. I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my post for details :)

    XO -Becca
    www.ahintofsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clarence! I'm glad he's okay. That's scary. And better safe than sorry with the boot.

    Also I think that any fashion/food/lifestyle blog that contains a serious sentence beginning with "Our blacksmith was able..." most definitely deserves the Versatile Blogger Award. I on the other hand deserve the most slacker blogger award. Teach me to upload photos and I'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, it sounds like you've had quite the week, girl! All my law school friends are in agony over everything they have to do - they literally cannot come out anymore (most are in their second year so it's super crazy/competitive now!).
    I'm really glad the horse is okay - it's always so sad/devastating when animals get hurt (and seriously, you would not believe the money I've paid for my dog when he's been hurt - so worth it though!). Hope everything this upcoming week will be so much more laid back - with no bad unexpected surprises! xox

    ReplyDelete