Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fashion Law: When Worlds Collide

Happy Thursday everyone!

I have to say, I am looking forward to an ESPECIALLY happy Thursday today.  I am extremely fortunate to live very close to Lincoln Center and thus, at the moment, tantalizingly close to the epicenter of all things fashion-related during NEW YORK FASHION WEEK!  I have spent a fairly significant amount of time lurking around LC and the entrance to the tents, admiring all the amazing outfits that people have been wearing and wishing I could get inside to watch some runway action :) While I will not be attending any of the shows (shocking, I know, my invite must have gotten lost in the mail), I will be attending a real live NYFW event tomorrow night to celebrate the first anniversary of the Fordham Law School Fashion Law Institute!!

That's right, my incredibly cool Property professor invited our whole class to the event, since she is the founder of the now one-year-old Institute.  The Fashion Law Institute is the first fashion law center in the world (!) and is supported by the Council of Fashion Designers of America (whose president is the legendary Diane von Furstenberg).  It's one of the things that drew me toward this law school and I am extremely excited and fortunate to be able to attend its first anniversary celebration!

I have been told that tonight's dress code is "business fabulous" - so obviously I've been obsessing about my outfit ever since we got the invite.  I promise to post pictures of my final decision as well as all my NYFW photos once my computer is back! (My computer is at the computer doctor and the one that I have borrowed from my parents does not have my camera software on it.  Poor timing, I know).

Also, another exciting NYFW tidbit: I ran into Jessica Quirk of What I Wore (whatiwore.tumblr.com) and I of course had to go up and introduce myself and tell her how much I love reading her blog!  She is super sweet in person, we chatted for a little while (but I think I may have babbled and been a little starstruck...)  She has had amazing access to this NYFW and has some great photos up on her blog, I highly recommend checking them out.

Anyway, that's all for now!  Hope everyone is enjoying their week.  I'll do my best to share some NYFW coverage once all my electronics are back in working order, and maybe even post some comments on some of the Spring/Summer 2012 collections based on what I've seen second-hand.  There were some LOVELY things out there this week.

-Claire

2 comments: