Friday, September 9, 2011

Home Improvement: Lamps!

As I've been moving into my new apartment, I've been trying to make lots of little updates and changes to spruce things up.  One project that I undertook this past weekend was to give a pair of old lamps a facelift.

They started out this hideous color, with no shades, and covered with scuffs.

Materials: sanding block, painter's tape, primer/sealer, paintbrushes, paint, newspaper

I started by sanding them down to prepare them for a fresh coat of paint.  Then I did a coat of primer (obviously I had to choose Martha Stewart's brand!), followed by two coats of cobalt blue indoor paint.  I finished with a final coat of sealer and then added a fresh lampshade!

Voila!

A closeup of the color

My living room...with new and improved lamps!

I'm not a particularly handy person, but I had fun on this project and I think it turned out pretty well.  

Have you tried any little home improvement projects in your house/apartment/dorm?  How did they turn out?
xoxoKate






2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed with your lamps. Good work :) I can't wait to have my own apartment to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hats I don't even recognize your living room anymore!!! The lamps look FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete