Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fraîche Cupcakes

Sometimes the only way to make it through an exhausting journal competition is with a mouth full of cupcakes.  My mom got me two tasty cupcakes from Fraiche Cupcakery in Bethesda.  I think she felt bad for me because I was a total hermit during the competition.  The whole thing lasted from Thursday afternoon until Monday night...I left my house exactly four times (once to go to class, once to get dinner with my parents, once to go to the grocery store, and once to drop my wonderfully cute boy back at his apartment after he decided to pay me a pity visit).


Peanut Butter and Jelly.  I'm not a huge fan of jelly, so I wasn't blown away by the jelly filling of this one, but the peanut butter frosting was sooooo good.

Hot Chocolate.  The idea of a hot chocolate cupcake seemed kind of weird to me (isn't hot chocolate just cocoa and sugar in milk?  Like...the same ingredients that go into most chocolate baked goods?), but it really did taste like hot chocolate.  It had a slightly malty flavor which really made it taste like something other than a regular chocolate cupcake.  Very tasty.  

I'm super duper late getting on the cupcake trend, but I have to say I enjoyed it.  I think the sugar rush helped me with my writing (how's that for spin?).  

xoxoKate


No comments:

Post a Comment