Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011!

One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to reflect on all the things I've done over the past year and all the ways my life has changed in the past twelve months. Looking back...it's been a big year.
In 2011 I...
  • Got into law school!  (The first school I heard back from was William&Mary...I ended up elsewhere, but I'll forever be grateful!) 
  • Graduated from Boston University
Our speaker was Katie Couric...she was incredible.  


I was sweating and starving when this photo was taken.  Also, I purchased (and returned!) like eight dresses before settling on this Milly dress.  


Econ major, cum laude...no biggie.  
  • Moved from Boston...

  • To D.C.!  (and into my dream apartment!)
  • Found a great new barn for my horse, Clarence
  • Celebrated five years with Clarence
  • Ended a relationship that wasn't working...
  • ...and started a new one with an amazing guy.  
  • Began law school in D.C.  Learned more than I ever wanted to know about tort law.  Was brought to tears once or twice.
  • Survived the first semester of law school exams.  (This is more of an accomplishment than you might think.  No fewer than two people were taken away from the law school in ambulances during finals.)
It's been a big year!  What have been the highlights of your year?
xoxoKate




2 comments:

  1. wow you have a had a an amazing year! Congrats on all of your accomplishments and have an amazing 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if law school wasn’t stressful enough, soon you will have to think about finding a job. I work with JD Match, where they make finding the AmLaw firm that’s right for you – and better yet – the firm that’s looking to hire someone with your qualifications – easier. Check out JD Match, learn about their sophisticated matching algorithm and sign up for a free membership today. A few minutes of your time could get you on the path to real experience. http://bit.ly/si9n6S

    ReplyDelete