Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Barrister's Ball 2012

Ok, so this post is definitely late...Barrister's Ball was close to a month ago...but I had so much fun and want to share it with you all anyway!

For those who don't know, BB is an event that most law schools put on in the spring...basically like a prom.  Everyone gets dressed up...it's fun to see your classmates in black tie, particularly when you're used to seeing people in sweats and jeans (particularly as the semester wears on).

We started out by heading to The Hamilton for drinks.  The place was HUGE...truly, I've never been in a restaurant or bar that was so big. And they have an enormous menu...seriously, they serve such a random mix of things (sushi, steak, charcuterie, pasta, comfort food).  

My wonderful date (well, bf) got me some ridiculous, fancy gin mixed-drink.  Nothing makes you feel classier than drinking a $15 drink in a darkly lit bar while dressed in black tie.  

We headed over to the hotel, which was beautiful.  You can't see it in this photo, but there was a little indoor pond under where we were sitting, with a piano on a little island in the middle.  Pretty cool!

I realize that I've already posted this photo, but I like it so much imma post it again.  The dress I ended up wearing (read: not the one I bought for the event) was the Lilly Pulitzer Crystal.  I loved it!  It was such a fun dress to wear (even considering that my breath was constricted because it was so tight!).  I got a ton of compliments on it and I appreciated that it was a bit different from what other girls were wearing.  It seems like sleek, jewel-toned, one-shoulder dresses are popular right now, so I felt like I was going against the grain a bit.  

I wore it with a black Rebecca Minkoff bag and nude pumps (plus, a black hair tie around my wrist, apparently...).  

It was such a fun time...I'm already looking forward to next year's!
Have you been to any fun formal events recently?  What did you wear?
xoxoKate    



No comments:

Post a Comment