Friday, July 29, 2011

Perfect Pumps

Maybe it's just me, but I've found that one of the single hardest things to shop for are plain pumps.  Something that's appropriate for any occasion (including professional events), not too high-fashion, and with a mid-height heel.  


I LOVE the Christian Louboutin Décolleté pump, but with a $600 price tag, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using these as a workhorse shoe in my professional wardrobe.  


Plus, I love the signature red sole, but I worry that it might be too flashy and distracting for a conservative legal environment.  


Enter the Ann Taylor Pump (I wish they had a flashier name!):  




I have three pairs of these in black exotic, black patent, and patent nude.  They're the perfect height for most occasions and ridiculously comfortable.  For $155 the quality is on-par with any pair of designer shoes I've owned.  They're also offered in a variety of colors and leathers, which is nice.  




They also come in a 4.25" heel, if that's your thing.  (It's not mine; I can barely walk properly in flats, let alone heels!)


Your thoughts?  What are your favorite professional shoes?
xoxoKate

8 comments:

  1. The Ann Taylor pumps are my favorite too!! Literally the most comfortable pump ever! And I think they are the perfect shape too, I'm very particular about the roundness of the toe!

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Miss andrea lee: The toe shape IS great on these. There's that old joke in fashion about how every season it switches back and forth between pointy and round toes...these are a really classic almond shape that always looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could wear pumps but my 5'9" self doesn't need help in the heighth department! I am loving your blog, can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just discovered your blog!!! I absolutely ADORE the name and your Dark N Stormy background! It's one of my favorite prints.

    Also, this is kinda funny...I'm a rising junior at American University and a member of Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity so you're in good company :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have trouble finding good pumps. I recently bought a pair from Kate Spade which I love.... I'll be sure to check out the Ann Taylor ones now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Abby: I actually went to AU for freshman year before transferring to BU...too funny! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the Anne Taylor ones now thanks to you. I am looking for a nude pump and these might be the ones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Janeaustenprepster: I always love to enable a good shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete