Saturday, July 16, 2011

Apartment Furniture

As I may mentioned before, I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment in Washington, DC.  I'm so ridiculously excited and I LOVE the place!

One thing that has been simultaneously fun and stressful is shopping for furniture.  I'm still undecided on bedroom furniture, but I've fallen in love with a few things from L.L.Bean's collection.  One of my friends decorated his place with L.L.Bean stuff a few years ago and I loved it.

Here are a few of the things making an appearance in my new home...

I really like that this television stand tucks neatly into a corner.  I'm living in a one bedroom apartment that, while generously sized, still requires me to smart about space.



I'm also really digging the matching desk.  I got it in stone tan...if B likes it we'll have to get him the same one in green.  


And my personal favorite...it's made from reclaimed wood.  I really like how it's kind of imperfect and that no two pieces are exactly the same.  It's definitely a little more unique than the piles of IKEA furniture I had up in Boston.


What are your thoughts?  Where do you all like to find home furnishings?  What's your interior design style?

xoxoKate

4 comments:

  1. Really like the coffee table and side table. My fiance and I are in the process of buying some new furniture ourselves. I am really loving what is in the new Pottery Barn catalog, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know that LL Bean made furniture! All your picks are absolute perfection and I hope you take lots of pictures of your new place when you move in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Palm Trees: I'm still looking for a couch, so I'll definitely be checking out Pottery Barn.

    @Allison: Thanks! I didn't know until a good friend of mine bought a really cool bench from LLBean...the stuff is great. And I'll absolutely be sharing photos once I'm moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this coffee table-- it is fabulous! It has held up pretty well, considering we enjoy entertaining!

    ReplyDelete